NAUNTON-BEAUCHAMP - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"NAUNTON-BEAUCHAMP, a parish in the upper division of Pershore hundred, county Worcester, 4½ miles N. of Pershore, its post town, and 3 N. of the Pershore station, on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on a branch of the river Avon, and is wholly agricultural. The soil is principally clay. The land is nearly evenly divided between arable and pasture. The tithes were commuted in 1771 for 36 acres of land, with a modus.
The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £96. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, was rebuilt in 1776. It is a brick edifice, with a stone tower containing two bells. The interior of the church contains tablets to the Lyttleton, Dannett, Hunt, and Robinson families. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum, distributed to the poor in bread."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]