"NORTH PIDDLE, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Pershore, county Worcester, 7 miles E. of Worcester, its post town, 5 N. by E. of Pershore, and 3 from Spetchley railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Piddle and the road from Worcester to Alcester. The inhabitants are wholly agricultural. The above-mentioned river rises beyond Inkberrow, and flows 12 miles E. and S. to the river Avon, below Wyre Piddle. Land was assigned in 1813 in lieu of tithes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £140. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient edifice with a wooden lanthern.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]