Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for ACASTER MALBIS in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at Robert Cowper's. Letters, via York, arrive at 8-30 a.m., and are despatched at 4-30 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Acaster Malbis Endowed School; Miss Clara Jane Adcock, mistress
- Cowper John Henry, joiner and carrier
- Cowper Robert, joiner, wheelwright, and parish clerk, Post office
- Cundall Mr. Horatio Farrer
- Darling Mrs. Ann, shopkeeper
- Forth Wm., cartowner
- Gill John, carrier
- Holmes Mrs. Frances, carrier
- Holmes Henry, market gardener
- Holmes Richard, corn and flour dealer
- Jefferson W., steam thrashing machine propr.
- Richardson Joseph Wm., blacksmith
- Watson Mrs. Sarah, dressmaker
- Cowper Robt. (and asst. overseer), The Hollies
- Cundall Robert Henry, The Poplars
- Cundall Wm., Mount pleasant
- Dawson John Thomas
- Poad Joseph, Broad Lane farm
- Potter John Wm.; and at Naburn
- Raimes John Wm., Holly cottage
- Raimes John, South Moor house
- Smallwood Wm.
- Varley Joseph and John, Nova scotia
- Wright Edward, and shoemaker; farm, St. Andrew's, also:
- Wright Edward, vict., Ship Inn
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.