BILBROUGH: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"BILBROUGH, a parish in the ainsty of the city, and East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles N.E. from Tadcaster, containing 260 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, and in the patronage of T. L. Fairfax, Esq. Thomas, Lord Fairfax, the celebrated parliamentary general, who died in 1671, was interred in the church here. A school is endowed with about £15 per annum, for the instruction of twenty-two children."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]