Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for BILBROUGH in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at George Carbert's, tailor. Letters, via York, arrive at 8-20 a.m., and are despatched at 7 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Bean Harrison Shilleto, butcher
- Dickinson Wm., joiner
- Fairfax Mrs. E., Bilbrough grange and hall
- Metcalfe Rev. Joseph Powell, M.A., Rectory
- Mills Miss Laura, schoolmistress
- Procter Mr. James, Bilbrough house
- Robinson John, cowkeeper
- White T., blacksmith and vict., The Hares Inn
- Wright Mrs. Mary, Rose villa
- Beckett Wm., The Grange farm
- Brown Edward (yeo.), Bilbrough lodge
- Gypson Thomas, Sandwiths
- Jagger Benj. Green (and flour dealer)
- Johnson George (and carrier)
- Lealman Wm., Street houses
- Myers John, Bilbrough farm
- Potter Robert Addinell (and overseer and road surveyor), Normans house
- Rhodes George, Low farm
- Watson Wm., Manor house
- Wright Joseph (and grocer)
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.