Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for BILTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office, Bilton, York, at Joseph Poole's, boot maker. Letters arrive at 8-45 a.m., and are despatched at 3-30 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Bachelor Phineas, schoolmaster and assistant overseer,
- Backhouse Mrs. Hannah, vict. and grocer, Chequers Inn
- Bootland Anthony, bootmaker
- Bootland John, grocer
- Bragg Rev. William Wright, B.A., curate
- Lamb Charles Burgoyne, Esq., Bilton hall
- Newenham Rev. B. Burdett, T.A.K.C.L., vicar
- Ridsdale George, parish clerk
- Buckle Charles, Chestnut house
- Dunwell William
- Ellis Thomas, Grove house
- Leaks John Charles (yeo.)
- Lumley Charles (yeo.)
- Lumley Richard (yeo.)
- Norfolk James, Syningthwaite, Tadcaster
- Ripley Thomas, Manor house
- Skilbeck Richard (yea.), The Grange
- Tennant Richard, Bilton grange
- Tomlinson Benjamin, Wharton lodge
- Post Office, Bickerton, Wetherby, at Robert Potters. Letters arrive at 9.10 a.m., and are despatched at 3-35 p.m.
- Coates William
- Douthwaite John, Mosscarr's house
- Hoole Arthur, Bickerton grange
- Webster Mrs. Eliza, William and Benjamin
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.