Hide

BISHOPTHORPE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

hide
Hide
Hide

"BISHOPTHORPE, (given as "BISHOPSTHORPE") a parish in the Ainsty, Yorkshire, near the city of York, where the Abps. had a palace, settled on the D. and C. by Walter Grey, the Abp. who purchased the village."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]