[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"BOLTON PERCY, a parish, 3.5 miles ESE. of Tadcaster. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All-Saints (see Churches
for photograph), Patron, the Archbishop of York. It is one of the neatest in the county, was built by Thomas Parker, who died in the year 1423, in the windows are thirty three coats of arms, beautifully stained on glass, and in a good state of preservation, also in the large window in the choir five whole length figures. Amongst the testamentary burials in this church are William Fairfax, 1514; Sir William Fairfax, 1557; John Vavasour, 1559; Gabriel Fairfax, 1582; Ferdinando Lord Fairfax, l648. -Pop. 238."
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Appleton Roebuck
- Nun Appleton
- Street Houses
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]