Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for COPMANTHORPE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post, Money Order Office, and Savings Bank, Miss Ellen Hudson, postmistress. Letters via York arrive at 7-5 a.m., and are despatched at 8 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Allan Mrs. Anne, Ashfield house
- Annakin Mrs. Anne, Beechwood house
- Atkinson Isaac, market gardener, Acaster lane
- Beal Mr. Thomas
- Buckle Benjamin, blacksmith
- Cussans Alfred, market gardener
- Forth Charles, butcher
- Hobson John, thrashing machine proprietor
- Jennings John, flour dealer and vict, Royal Oak
- Leng Robert Thomas, joiner and parish clerk
- Metcalfe Mr. Thomas, Rose cottage
- Smithson Mr. William N.
- Spence Charles Bell, M.R.C.V.S.
- Thomlinson Henry, shopkeeper
- Thorpe Mrs. Elizabeth, shopkeeper
- Warneford Mr. Robert
- Whitehead Miss Emma Jane, schoolmistress
- Willan Rev. Albert, M.A., Vicarage
- Woodlock Thomas, station master
- Allan George (and landowner), Ivy house
- Beckett William, Manor house
- Dykes Wyrill
- Gypson William C.
- Hobson Elias
- Jacques Thomas, Trowell house
- Lofthouse Thomas, Bond Hill Ash
- Midgley Joseph, Fir Tree house
- Milner Jas., The Grange and Greenland farms
- Miner Mrs. Jane A.
- Scruton William, Garden of Eden
- Taylor Thomas Bottomley
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.