RUFFORTH: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"RUFFORTH, a parish in the ainsty of the city, and East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W. from York, containing 295 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £4, 13. 4., endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Mrs. Thompson. Eight children are taught for £4 a year, the gift of Lady Hewley."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]