[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"TADCASTER, a parish in the West Riding of Yorkshire, but containing some places located within the Ainsty of York."
"CATTERTON, in the parish of Tadcaster, 2 miles NNE. of Tadcaster. Pop. 63."
"OXTON, in the parish of Tadcaster; (the seat of John William Clough, Esq.) 1.5 mile SE. of Tadcaster. Population, 66."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Tadcaster.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835,, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1890 History and Directory of the North Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tadcaster to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE486435 (Lat/Lon: 53.885419, -1.262106), Tadcaster which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.