Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for WIGHILL in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Letters should be addressed Wighill, Tadcaster. Letters are delivered from Tadcaster at 7-15 a.m. Wall Letter Box cleared at 3-45 p.m. in winter, and 4-30 p.m. in summer.
Miscellany of trades
- Coleman Elias, joiner
- Dawson John Miles, Esq., J.P., Brook hall
- Dixon Miss Mary Ellen, schoolmistress (C.E.)
- Hawke The Hon. Lady Jane, Wighill park
- Hiley Rev. Richard Wm., D.D., The Vicarage
- Johnson Joseph, parish clerk
- Kitchingman Charles Henry, estate bailiff
- Openshaw Captain George, Wighill manor
- Pool Thomas, junr., bootmaker and postman: h Tadcaster
- Pool Thomas, senr., bootmaker
- Stephenson Mrs. Hannah, Wighill house
- Whitehead John, vict. and smith, White Swan
- Dunwell George, Wighill grange
- Hartley Thomas, Wighill lodge
- Kitchingman George, Park farm
- Powell John (and smith), Brook house
- Thomlinson John
- Thomlinson John Jacob (and butcher)
- Thomlinson Matt. (and auctioneer), Easedyke
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.