York Holy Trinity Micklegate
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"YORK HOLY TRINITY MICKLEGATE, a parish in the city of York, in Micklegate, a perpetual curacy, value, p.r. +80L. held with St. Cuthbert. --Pop. 845."
"DRINGHOUSES, in the parishes of Acomb, York St Mary Bishophill the Elder, and York Holy Trinity Micklegate, liberty of St. Peter's; 1.5 miles SSW. of York. A pleasant village, in which is a chapel of ease the property of A. S. Barlow, Esq. Pop. 156." - -(See Acomb for directory)
"KNAPTON, in the parishes of Acomb, and York Holy Trinity Micklegate; 8 miles W. of York. Pop. 137." - -(See Acomb for directory)
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the North Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from York Holy Trinity Micklegate to another place.
- A few years before 1890, the chapelry of Dringhouses (a part in this parish) was constituted a parish in its own right. See Dringhouses parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE598515 (Lat/Lon: 53.956144, -1.090174), York Holy Trinity Micklegate which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.