YORK HOLY TRINITY MICKLEGATE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"YORK HOLY TRINITY MICKLEGATE, a parish in the city of York."
"DRINGHOUSES, a township in the parishes of York Holy Trinity Micklegate, York St Mary Bishophill the Elder, and Acomb, York Ainsty, in the county of York, 1 mile S.E. of York. It is situated on the York and Tadcaster road. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in brick and tile making. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York, value £100, in the patronage of Dr. Wilkinson, who is lord of the manor. The church is dedicated to Edward the Confessor. The Wesleyans have a chapel, and there is a National school for both sexes. It is a meet for the York Ainsty hounds."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013