The Ancient Parish of YORK ST CUTHBERT
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"YORK ST CUTHBERT, a parish in the city of York, in Peasholme-Green, (united with St. Helen on the Walls and All Saints, Peaseholme, which churches are no longer standing); a rectory, value +5L. 10s. 10d. Patron, the King. Population 209, including Helen-Street-on-the-Walls, 398, and All-Saints, Peaseholme, 223; total, 830.
Heworth which was in the North Riding was partly within this parish and partly within York St. Saviour in 1823. In 1871 Heworth parish was created. - see the page for York St. Cuthbert within the North Riding."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]