York St Cuthbert
The Ancient Parish of YORK ST CUTHBERT
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"YORK ST CUTHBERT, a parish in the city of York, in Peasholme-Green, (united with St. Helen on the Walls and All Saints, Peaseholme, which churches are no longer standing); a rectory, value +5L. 10s. 10d. Patron, the King. Population 209, including Helen-Street-on-the-Walls, 398, and All-Saints, Peaseholme, 223; total, 830.
Heworth which was in the North Riding was partly within this parish and partly within York St. Saviour in 1823. In 1871 Heworth parish was created. - see the page for York St. Cuthbert within the North Riding."
- Here is a photograph of St. Cuthbert's Church, York. (With short history).
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of York St Cuthbert.
- Please see the York page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from York St Cuthbert to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE607520 (Lat/Lon: 53.960533, -1.076361), York St Cuthbert which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: