York St Helen
The Ancient Parish of YORK ST HELEN
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"YORK ST HELEN, a parish in the city of York, in the Square, a rectory, value +4L. 5s. 5d. p.r. 46L. 12s. 6d. Patron, the King. --Pop. 678."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of York St Helen.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from York St Helen to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE602519 (Lat/Lon: 53.959692, -1.084), York St Helen which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: