York St Margaret parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
St Margaret, Walmgate, anciently united with St. Peter le Willows. The living is a rectory, in the deanery of York City. Population 808.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1558-1970
- Marriages: 1558-1973
- Burials: 1558-1854
- 1600, 1602, 1604-1607, 1609, 1628, 1631, 1632, 1635-1637, 1639,1641, 1660-1669, 1671-1673, 1675, 1677-1681, 1685-1694, 1696-1700, 1702- 1706, 1708, 1711, 1715, 1717-1723, 1725-1836, 1838-1866
- C 1574-1725, 1725-1866, 1866-1885;
- M 1574-1725, 1725-1836, 1837-1886
Transcripts and Indexes:
- M 1701-1837; Index only; York Marriage Index
- M 1754-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1813-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.