[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"YORK ST MICHAEL LE BELFREY, a parish in the city of York, in Petergate and Minster-yard, peculiar, is a perpetual curacy, value +2L. 0s. 10d. p.r. +35L. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. --Pop. 1,343. This parish is united with that of St. Wilfrid, which church is no longer standing.
Clifton and Rawcliffe which are in the North Riding were places partly within this parish and partly within York St. Olave 1823. In 1872 Clifton parish was created, embracing Rawcliffe. - see the page for York St. Michael le Belfrey within the North Riding."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]