York St Saviour
The Ancient Parish of YORK ST SAVIOUR
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"YORK ST SAVIOUR, a parish in the city of York, in Saviourgate, a rectory, value +5L. 6s. 8d. p.r. 127L Patron, the King. Population 987. This parish is united with that of St. Andrew, which church is no longer standing.
Heworth which was in the North Riding was partly within this parish and partly within York St. Cuthbert in 1823. In 1871 Heworth parish was created. - see the page for York St. Cuthbert within the North Riding.
- Here is a photograph of St. Saviour's Church, York. (With short history).
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of York St Saviour.
- Please see the York page for the gazetteers.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from York St Saviour to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE606518 (Lat/Lon: 53.958747, -1.077924), York St Saviour which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: