The Ancient Parish of ALLERTHORPE
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"ALLERTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill, and liberty of St. Peter's; 2 miles SW. of Pocklington. The church (see Churches for photograph) is a very small structure. Population with Waplington, 151."
"WAPLINGTON, 3 farm houses in the parish of Allerthorpe, and wapentake of Harthill; ¾ mile SW. of Allerthorpe, 2½ miles SSW. of Pocklington. Pop. 19."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of the over 130 gravestones in Allerthorpe Churchyard with a surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Allerthorpe in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Post Office Directory of the, East and North Ridings, 1857
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Kelly's Directory, for East and North Ridings, 1872
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Allerthorpe to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE785474 (Lat/Lon: 53.916807, -0.80631), Allerthorpe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish