"BARMSTON, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles S.W. from Bridlington, containing 205 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £13. 11. 10., and in the patronage of Sir F. Boynton, Bart. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a chapel in the town: ship of Ulrome, which is partly in this parish, and partly in that of Skipsea. The village is pleasantly si: tuated near the North sea, at the northern extremity of Holderness. A school-room, with a house for the master, has been erected by Sir Francis Boynton, Bart., lord of the manor; and an almshouse for four poor persons was founded, in 1726, by his ancestor, Sir Griffith Boynton, who endowed them with £15 per annum."
"ULROME, a chapelry partly in the parish of BARMSTON, but chiefly in that of SKIPSEA, northern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles N.N.W. from Hornsea, containing 170 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Barmston, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £3. 19. 2., and endowed with £200 royal bounty. The chapel is very ancient."