BEEFORD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1834.
"BEEFORD, is a township in the parish of its name, in the same wapentake and Riding as North Frodingham, about three miles n.e. therefrom, containing a parish church, dedicated to St. Leonard, a chapel each for Wesleyan methodists and independents, and a national school. The living of Beeford is a rectory, in the patronage of the crown. The parish contained, at the last census, 894 inhabitants; and the township 731 of that number.
Please see North Frodingham Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this township."
[Transcribed by Steve Garton ©2000 from
Pigot's directory (Yorkshire section) 1834]