Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: LISSETT. Church dedication: ST. JAMES.
Holderness wapentake, N.D. -Population, 102, vide Beeford ; Chapel-room, 60; Net value, vide Beeford. -There is a Chapel here which hath right of sepulture, and marriages are also celebrated in it.
Patron, vide Beeford.
In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 279, the value is thus stated : " Two cottages and three acres of land, 11s.; tithes, £36. To be united to Beeford."
7th December 1741, faculty granted to rebuild the Chapel (which in the petition is stated to have been almost entirely destroyed by a violent storm on the 1st November 1740), at the expense of Mr. John Saunderson and Mr. Fitzwilliam White, the joint lords of the manor.
An Inclosure Act was passed 11th Geo. III.
No return as to glebe house.
The Register Books commence in 1661 ; they are kept at Beeford.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Bridlington.
Torre's MS., page 1390. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 181. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Lesset), page 179.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.