Hide

BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, a parish in the borough of Beverley."


"AIKE, a township in the parishes of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, and LOCKINGTON, Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles N.E. from Beverley, containing 98 inhabitants."


"ESKE, a township in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is in the northern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles N.N.E. from Beverley, containing 18 inhabitants."


"MOLSCROFT, a township in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK, 1 mile W.N.W. from Beverley, containing 111 inhabitants."


"SANDHOLME, a township, joint with Stockhill, in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK. The population is returned with Stockhill. There is a place of worship forWesleyan Methodists."


"STOCKHILL, a township, joint with Sandholme, in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK, 1 mile N.E. from Beverley, containing, with Sandholme, 48 inhabitants."


"THEARNE, a township in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles E.S.E. from Beverley, containing 90 inhabitants."


"TICKTON, a township, joint with Hull-Bridge, in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles N.E. from Beverley, containing, with Hull-Bridge, 110 inhabitants."


"WEEL, a township in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles E. from Beverley, containing 101 inhabitants."


"WOODMANSEY, a township, joint with Beverley Park, in that part of the parish of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, which is within the liberties of the borough of BEVERLEY, East riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles E.S.E. from Beverley, containing, with Beverley Park, 276 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]