Transcript of the entry of 'professions and trades' for BISHOP BURTON in Baines's Directory of 1823.
- arrive at half past 4 mg. and at 20 minutes past 4 afternoon.
- Berry Rev. Abraham, Baptist minister.
- Holdsworth Rev. Thos. curate
- Rigby Rev. Robert, vicar
- Watt Francis, Esq.
- Watt Richard, Esq.
- Wilkinson James, gentleman
- Almack Thomas, Burton Lings
- Dunning Robert, (and corn miller)
- Escritt John
- Gregson Thomas
- Jackson John
- Johnson Robert
- Marr Henry
- Sample Thomas, Burton Grange
- Stephens Rt. jun. Cold harbour
- Stephenson Rt. sen. Mount pleasant
- Watson Wm.
- Whiting Thomas, (and Butcher)
- Withell John
Miscellany of trades
- Atkinson John, tailor
- Cook Mark, schoolmaster & shopkpr.
- Donkin Thomas, agent to R. and F. Watt, Esqrs.
- Leaf Robert, boot and shoe maker
- Linwood Joan, tailor
- Lonsdale Thos. joiner & wheelwright
- Merritt Wm. blacksmith
- Nelson Richard, grazier
- Nelson Robert, shopkeeper
- Reed John, schoolmaster & parish clerk
- Rotherford John, boot and shoemaker
- Senior Jane, vict. Evander
- Christopher Ion, to Beverley, every Saturday