Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for BISHOP BURTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office, Money Order, Telegraph Office, and Savings Bank: at George Duck's. Letters arrive, via Beverley, at 6-50 am., and are despatched at 6-2 p.m. no Sunday business.
Miscellany of trades
- Akister Geo., carrier to Beverley, on Saturday, and Hull, Friday
- Akister William, shopkeeper
- Bilton John, tailor
- Brown Henry John, butcher
- Duck Geo., joiner & wheelwright, & postmaster
- Duck John, estate joiner
- Flint Miss Mary Ann, shopkeeper
- Gray Mr. John
- Hardy Wm., steam thrashing machine propr.
- Hewson William, blacksmith
- Hornsey Richard, corn miller and auctioneer
- Johnson Mrs. Mary
- Lonsbrough John, estate foreman
- Milner Richard, shoemaker
- Pattison William, head gamekeeper
- Pearman Rev. William Allwright, M.A., The Vicarage
- Pease H., Esq., land agent to E. R. B. Hall-Watt, Esq.
- Quest Thomas, vict., Altisidora Inn
- Speed Rev. Robert (Baptist)
- Stather Mrs. Mary, shopkeeper
- Swann Benjamin, schoolmaster
- Walker George, shopkeeper, and carrier to Beverley, on Saturday, and Hull, Friday
- Wastling Robt., steam thrashing mach. propr.
- Watt Ernest Richard Bradley Hall, Esq., B.A., Bishop Burton hall
- Weatherill Mrs. Charlotte, cowkeeper
- Beaumont Thomas, Old kennels
- Brumfield Edward, Park farm
- Dunning Daniel, Cold harbour
- Dunning William
- Ellerington Thomas
- Fisher Robert Raikes; h Leconfield
- Harland John Brigham, The Grange
- Harrison Henry, Low Balk farm
- Harrison William, hind, Raikes
- Horsley John Robinson
- Jackson William, Killingwold graves
- Johnson John (Exors. of)
- Ouston William, Lings
- Simpson Peter
- Thompson John (the late), Mount pleasant
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.