Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for BLACKTOFT in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office; G. W. Tomlinson, sub-postmaster. Letters, via Howden, arrive at 8-10 am., and are despatched at 3-55 p.m. Wall Letter Box at Staddlethorpe Station cleared at 7-25 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Blee Thomas, vict., Hope and Anchor
- Chappell William, carrier to Howden (Saturday), and to Goole (Wednesday)
- Charters Alf., vict., Station Hotel, Staddletborpe
- Drury Ceo. William, joiner and wheelwright
- Hemingway Isaac, joiner and wheelwright
- Lockwood Mrs. Susannah, Staddlethorpe
- Martin William, stationmaster, Staddlethorpe junction
- Oliver Ed. & Sons, flax mchts., Staddlethorpe
- Oliver T. B., grocer and provision merchant, Staddlethorpe
- Powell Robert, pier master, Blacktoft
- Smeddle Rev. John, M.A., Vicarage
- Smith Eliot, schoolmaster
- Tomlinson George William, coal dealer and shopkeeper, Post office
- Turner Mrs. Esther Elizabeth, Staddlethorpe
- Drake Edward
- Freeman John (yeo.), Ashtree hs., Staddlethorpe.
- Hairsine George
- Hall John (and blacksmith)
- Jaques Thomas George (C.C. for Laxton). Staddlethorpe house
- Martin William, Staddlethorpe
- Oliver Wm. (yeoman), Staddlethorpe grange
- Oliver Wm. Townsley, Staddlethorpe grange
- Reynolds Robert John, Gowthorpe house
- Riggall Francis Henry (and overseer), The Manor house, and Thornton lands (Scalby)
- Shipley Mrs. Hannah, Clementhorpe hall
- Smith Wm. Watson (& overseer), Blacktoft hs.
- Taylor George (yeoman)
- Thompson Samuel (bailiff), Staddlethorpe
- Letters via Newport, Brough, Yorks.
Miscellany of trades
- Cleminshaw Mrs. Margaret
- Cook Robinson, cowkeeper
- Crowder Samuel, carpenter, Eight and Forty
- Hepworth Thomas, cowkeeper, Scalby lane
- Oliver Jon., joiner,wheelwright, and cowkeeper
- Oliver Thos. Ed., agent (Prud.), Orchard cot.
- Raines Mr. Edward, The Poplar, Cheapsides
- Robinson T. Clegg, schoolmaster
- Weddall Geo. Edward, civil engineer, Thornton Manor house
- Weddall Mr. Wm., Thornton Manor house
- Westoby Miss Amy, dressmaker, Eight & Forty
- Wiles Marmaduke, cowkeeper
- Bell Fredk. Wm. (& miller & steam thrashing, &c., machine proprietor), Wallingfen mill
- Kirk George, Newton lodge
- Kirkpatrick Mrs. J. (owner), Scalby grange
- Kirkpatrick William Henry, Scalby grange
- Milner William, Higham lodge
- Reed Samuel
- Riggall Francis Henry, Thornton lands and Blacktoft Manor house
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.