BOYNTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"BOYNTON, a parish in the wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles N.W. from Bridlington, containing 123 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £7.14. 2., and in the patronage of Sir W. Strickland, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. On an eminence, south of Boynton Hall, is a lofty building, which was erected by the late Sir George Strickland, Bart., the upper story of which is encircled by a colonnade, and it commands very extensive land and sea views."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]