BOYNTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"BOYNTON, a parish in the wapentake of Dickering, in the East Riding of the county of York, 2 miles to the W. of Bridlington, its post town. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of York, of the value of £141, in the patronage of Sir G. Strickland, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. Boynton Hall, situated in pleasant grounds, is the seat of the Stricklands. A pavilion stands on a hill near the hall, from which there are fine views over Bridlington Bay and a large extent of country."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013