Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for BRANDESBURTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post, Money Order, Savings Bank, Annuity and Insurance Office at J. R. Elbeck's. Letters, via Hull, arrive at 8-10 a.m., and are despatched at 8-50 p.m., week-days only. The nearest Telegraph Office is at Leven.
- County Councillor for Brandesburton Division of the East Riding - Thomas Bainton, Esq., Arram hall Hull.
- Steward of Manor - Henry William Bainton, Esq., Beverley; John Speed, bailiff.
- Brandesburton, Leven and District Floral and Horticultural Society - H. Vashon-Baker and James Haggitt, hon. secretaries; George I. Huzzard, hon. treasurer.
- Mutual Improvement Society - -G. I. Huzzard, secretary.
- Medical Officer and Public Vaccinator - Brandesburton District of the Skirlaugh Union - E. N. Smartt.
- Registrar of Births and Deaths - J. Robinson deputy, A. J. Davis.
Miscellany of trades
- Bailey James, hind, Eastfield
- Bassingdale George Dobson, blacksmith
- Beilby Edward, bricklayer and builder
- Beswick John, saddler and harness maker
- Charter John, flour dealer
- Cookman George, cowkeeper
- Cookman Robert M., cowkeeper
- Crawforth John, 'bus proprietor
- Darley John Thomas, bootmaker
- Davis Albert John, master, National school, organist to Parish church, & deputy registrar
- Dixon George, hind, Burshill-in-Carr
- Dunn Robert, parish clerk and sexton
- Eastwood George, plumber and painter
- Elbeck John Robert, grocer, &c., Post office
- Ellerby David, hind, Moorside farm
- Eskrick Miss Barbara, cowkeeper
- Gardiner James, boot repairer
- Haggitt Eli, hind, Mount Ephraim
- Haggitt James, tailor and hairdresser
- Harrison James Jonathan, Esq., J.P., Brandesburton hall, and 70 Harley street, Cavendish sq, London; club, Oxford and Cambridge
- Hebblewhite Wm., thrashing machine owner
- Hodgson William, cattle dealer, Starcarr
- Huzzard George Ingles, grocer and draper, and agent to Northern Fire and Life Assur. Co.
- Jackson Isaac, hind, Clayfields
- Lacy Thomas Henry, 'bus proprietor
- Lock Mrs. Ann, cowkeeper
- Maxwell Andrew, merchant
- Maxwell Robert, seed merchant; h Leven
- Metcalf Henry Whitelock, joiner, builder, and wheelwright
- Myers & Son, corn, flour, and provision merchants
- Myers Isaac, butcher and cattle dealer
- Myers John Joseph (Myers & Son)
- Myers William (Myers & Son)
- Preston Capt. Wm. Harrison, J.P., Heigholme hall (letters via Leven)
- Robinson Jno., joiner, builder, and wheelwright, registrar and assistant overseer
- Scott Thomas Wilson, gardener
- Scott William, tailor and draper
- Simpson Jeremiah, boot repairer
- Smartt Edward Nangle, L.R.C.S., & L.K. & Q.C.P., I., and L.M., Coombe Hosp., Dublin, physician and surgeon
- Stephenson Mr. Joseph
- Tennison George, hind
- Tong Geo., bead gardener, Brandesburton hall
- Vashon-Baker Rev. William James Furneaux, M.A., The Rectory
- Walker James, estate joiner
- Watson George, bricklayer and plasterer
- Webster Edmund, estate blacksmith
- Wheatcroft Mrs. Sarah
- Wright John, hind, Westfield
- Chapman Michael, Brandesburton grange
- Charter John, and vict., Dacres Arms
- Crawforth Richard (and carrier)
- Dixon Thos. Carter (and ram breeder, annual letting in August), Barff house
- Dixon Thos. Carter Bainton (at Nunkeeling), Barff house
- Featherston David (managing), Burshill
- Featherston George (and auctioneer and valuer), Glebe farm
- Featherston John (and thrashing machine owner), Westfield and Burshill
- Fewson William, Baswick Steer
- Foster Charles, and vict., Black Swan, and Moorside farm
- Harrison Jonathan (and merchant), Lane house and Mount Ephraim
- Harrison William Christopher, Manor house, and Burshill house, Burshill-in-Carr, Clayfields, and Eastfield farms
- Hodgson George (and cattle dealer), Sandfields
- Jefferson Ralph, Moor Edge farm
- Nicholson Chistopher, Warley Cross hill
- Ribey John (and cattle dealer), Starcarr house
- Robson William, Burshill villa and Park hill
- Smith George
- Speed Edward, Old Manor house
- Speed John (and deputy agent and bailiff of manor)
- Stephenson George
- Watson Robert, Moor Town cottage
- Welburn Alfred Peter (freeholder)
- Welburn William
- Whiting John, Burshill
- Crawforth R., to Hull, Tuesday; to Driffield, Thursday
- Dalton W., to Hull, Tuesday and Friday
- To Beverley. Lacy's wagon, daily, at 9-0 a.m., returning from the White Horse at 3-30 p.m., Saturday 4-30 p.m.; and Crawforth's 'bus, on Tuesday, at 8-0 a.m., Saturday 9-30 am., returning from Railway station at 4-20 p.m. and 5-0 p.m.
MOOR TOWN TOWNSHIP.
- Letters via Brandesburton, Hull.
- Croft John Allen, Moor Town pasture
- Northgraves William, Moor Town grove and Moor Town farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.