Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: ELLERKER CHAPEL. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Howdenshire wapentake *1. - Population, 278, vide Brantingham ; Chapel-room, 120; Net value, vide Brantingham. -This formerly belonged to the Convent of Durham, and was served by a stipendiary priest, but granted, 4th Edward VI., to Walter Jobson, of Hull. Archbishop Sharp gives a full account of this Chapel.
Patron, vide Brantingham.
In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 252, it is stated : " The minister hath a salary of £7 per annum."
An Inclosure Act was passed 5th Geo. III.
No return as to glebe house.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Register Books, vide Brantingham.
Post town: South Cave.
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 1247. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 85. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Alrecher), page 60.
*1 And extends into Harthill wapentake, Hunsley division.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.