Hide

Burnby, Yorkshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

BURNBY:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

"BURNBY, a parish in the Wilton Beacon division of the wapentake of Harthill, in the East Riding of the county of York, 3 miles to the S.E. of Pocklington. Hayton is its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Derwent, and is a station on the Market Weighton branch of the North-Eastern railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of York, value £318, in the patronage of Lord Londesborough. The church is dedicated to St. Giles."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013