BURTON FLEMING: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"BURTON FLEMING, (or North Burton), a parish in the wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 3: miles S.W. from Hunmanby, containing 386 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £6. 4. 2., endowed with £400 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of H. Osbaldeston, Esq. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]