[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"BURTON PIDSEA, a parish in the wapentake of Holderness, and liberty of St. Peter's; 4 miles E. of Hedon. A neat and pleasant village, the houses of which are well built, and afford an extensive prospect of the surrounding country. The church is a small building (see Churches
for photograph), patrons Dean and Chapter of York, with a lofty tower apparently of great antiquity. The incumbent is the Rev. Jonathan Dixon, vicar; here is likewise a Methodist chapel, built in 1820. Pop. 378."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]