BURYTHORPE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"BURYTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose, in the East Riding of the county of York, 5 miles to the S. of Malton, its post town. It lies near the York and Scarborough branch of the North-Eastern railway, and includes the hamlet of Thornthorpe. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York, value £270, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The Wesleyans have a chapel in the village."
"THORNTHORPE, a hamlet in the parish of Burythorpe, East Riding county York, 2 miles S.W. of New Malton."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013