Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for BURYTHORPE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Burythorpe, York.
Mails arrive at 7-30 a.m., and are despatched at 6-5 p.m. Nearest Money Order Office, Leavening.
Nearest Telegraph Office, Malton.
Miscellany of trades
- Bean William, market gardener
- Dalton Mrs. Betsy Jane, dressmaker
- Dalton William Hunter, shoemaker
- Fish Edward, painter
- Hartas William, blacksmith
- Hoggard Mrs. Jane, vict., Bay Horse
- Hoggard John. joiner
- Preston Mr. Thomas Preston, The Mount
- Preston William Esq., J.P., Burythorpe house
- Walker Rev. Henry John, B.A., The Rectory
- Clark Thomas
- Colby James, Thornthorpe Manor house
- Grice Christopher, farm bailiff, Cuba farm
- Hall William
- Hodeman Mrs. Jane, Hermitage
- Inman Mrs. Grace, Penhow
- Stockdale William, Whiteground
- Waite William Watson, Thomthorpe house
- Walgate Charles
- Hudson Thomas (and grocer), to Malton on Wednesday and Saturday
- Hudson Wm., to Birdsall and Malton on Sat.
- Peckitt Wm. Hardy (and grocer), to Malton on Wednesday and Saturday
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.