CATWICK: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"CATWICK, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 8 miles E.N.E. from Beverley, containing 190 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £10. 5., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is in the later style of English architecture."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]