CATWICK: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"CATWICK, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of Holderness, in the East Riding of the county of York, 5 miles to the W. of Hornsea. Beverley is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of York, value £149, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is in the perpendicular style of architecture, and is dedicated to St. Michael. The charitable endowments for the poor produce about £6 a year."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013