CHERRY BURTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1834.
"CHERRY BURTON, is a parish in the Hunsley-Beacon division of Harthill wapentake, about one mile north from Bishop Burton. The small church here is dedicated to St. Michael; the living is a rectory, in the gift of the Rev. Henry Ramsden. Population of the parish 447.
Please see Beverley Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this village."
[Transcribed by Steve Garton ©2000 from
Pigot's directory (Yorkshire section) 1834]