CHERRY BURTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"CHERRY BURTON, a parish in the Hunsley- Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles W.N.W. from, Beverley, containing 417 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £23. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Rev. H. Ramsden. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]