Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for CHERRY BURTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office, Money Order Office, and Savings Bank at Benj. Everingham's. Letters arrive via Beverley, at 7-2 a.m., and are despatched at 5-40 p.m. No Sunday business.
Miscellany of trades
- Buck John, carrier to Beverley on Saturday
- Burton Rev. Bramwell Chas., M.A., The Rectory
- Burton David Fowler, Esq., J.P., Cherry Burton hall
- Church of England School; E. G. Norris, mstr.
- Everingham Benj., market gardener and postmaster
- Foster William, farm bailiff
- Gibson Mrs. Robt., carrier and market gardener
- Gordon Thomas, stationmaster
- Hardbattle David, shoemaker
- Hildyard John George Bowes Thoroton, Esq., J.P., C.C., land agent to Lord Hotham, Cherry Burton house
- Horsfield William, tailor and draper
- Lamb James, hind
- Robson James, blacksmith
- Stott Mrs. Ann, shopkeeper
- Tanfield Richard, carpenter and builder
- Warley William, vict., Bay Horse
- Anderson Mark
- Anthony Robert, Furrows
- Fair James, Highgate house
- Gray George (reaping machine proprietor and pond maker)
- Marginson Ralph, Rose cottage
- Pickering Miss Hannah Stephenson, Manor hs
- Smith Isaac, Park farm
- Stephenson John (yeo.)
- Vickers Geo. Hy. (churchwarden and surveyor of highways), The Grange
- Vickers William, Bygott house
- Watson Joseph, Gardham
- Watson William, Cherry Burton field
- Whitaker Seth
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.