[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"DRYPOOL, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness; on the eastern bank or the river Hull, and is considered a part or Kingston upon Hull. Its population amounts to 1409. Near to this place is supposed to have stood the village of Frismeck, swallowed up by the inundations of the Humber. The church is now rebuilding; the windows and arches of the old structure are carefully preserved, and the new ones worked from the same patterns and mouldings, so as to perpetuate the style of the old church, which is about the year 1300. The patron of this parochial curacy is William Wilberforce, Esq. and the church is dedicated to St Peter."
"SOUTHCOATES, in the parish of Drypool, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; ¾ mile NE. of Drypool, 2 miles NE. of Hull. Pop. 798."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]