Dunnington parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Ouse and Derwent, Liberty of St. Peter; 4 miles from York, 9 from Pocklington, 16 from Selby. Population 551. The Church, a prebendal peculiar, is a rectory, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, in the deanery of Bulmer.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1583-1593, 1613-1935
- Marriages: 1573-1596, 1606, 1615-1953
- Burials: 1615-1863
- 1628, 1630, 1631, 1633, 1637, 1661-1667, 1669, 1671-1673, 1681-1704,1706-1716, 1718-1740, 1742-1787, 1789, 1790, 1792-1814
- C 1573-1812, 1813-1847, 1847-1886;
- M 1573-1812, 1813-1839, 1839-1866
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB c1600-1812; Transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) with Catton, Wilberfoss and Elvington CD36
- CMB 1580-1812; East Yorkshire Family History Society(purchase).
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.