"EASINGTON, a parish in the S. division of the wapentake of Holderness, East Riding county York, 6 miles S.E. of Patrington station, and 6 N. of Spurn Head. It is situated on the coast, about 1 mile from the German Ocean, and contains the townships of Easington and Out Newton, and the hamlet of Dimlington. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of York, value £51, in the patronage of the archbishop. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient stone structure, with embattled tower, containing three bells. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have each a chapel, and there is a parochial school, with a small endowment. Sir T. A. Clifford Constable is lord of the manor. The tithes were commuted under an Enclosure Act in 1770."
"DIMLINGTON, a hamlet in the township and parish of Easington, in the East Riding of the county of York, 3 miles E. of Patrington."
"OUT NEWTON, a township in the parish of Easington, S. division of the wapentake of Holderness, East Riding county York, 2½ miles N. of Easington, and 4 E. of Patrington. The village, which is inconsiderable, is situated on the coast, and consists of a few straggling farms and cottages. There are ruins of an ancient chapel near the sea cliffs."