EVERINGHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"EVERINGHAM, a parish in the Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N.W. from Market- Weighton, containing 271 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £8. 6. 8. The Rev. W. Alderson was patron in 1809, The church, a neat modern edifice, is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. There is also a Roman Catholic chapel."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]