Transcript of the entry for Filey in the Scarborough Gazette Directory of 1905
Transcript of the entry for Filey
in the Scarborough Gazette Directory of 1905.
Buckrose Parliamentary and Whitby Division.
- East Riding County Council---T H .Scott. Guardians---N. Maley, J.P.; H. Foster; Robt. Crawford; R.T. Ellis.
- Urban District Council. Elected each three years. Elected March, 1904---Chairman, N. Maley, J.P.; Geo. Colling; H. Foster; Wm. Gibson; F. Smith; Wm. F. Smith; Lee Hinchcliffe; Wm. Cappleman; T. Sawdon. Clerk, Welford H. Gofton. Offices: Queen Street (adjoining Crown Hotel).
- Resident Magistrates---C.G. Wheelhouse, Cliff Point; E. Martin. The Ravine; N. Maley, Scarborough Road;A.T. Clay.
- Assessors and Collectors of Taxes---Fredk. Simpson; Wm. Gibson. Overseers---E. Smart and H. Baylis.Assistant Overseer---Arthur B. Gofton. Collector of Poor Rate, District Rate and Water and Gas Rentals---T. Johnstone.
- St. Oswald's Church---Vicar, Rev. A. Connor, M.A. Services, Sundays 10.30a.m. and 6.30 p.m. Curate, Rev A.W. Dibb. M.A., West Street. Organist, J. H. Fleming, Cresent.
- St john's Church, West Street. Sundays (July, August and September) 10.30 a.m., 3, and 6.30 p.m. Afternoon and Evening Services on alternate Sundays during the winter months. Vicar and curate same as St. Oswald's. Organist, A.B. Towse, Union Street.
- Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, (Union Street)---Rev. W.J. Lewis, Pelton House, Rutland Street.
- Primitive Methodist Chapel (Union Street)---Rev. Henry Oliver, Union Street
- Plymouth Brethren Meeting House (Mitford Street), over Albert Hall---Caretaker, Jas. Fant, Scarborough Road.
- National Schools, Scarborough Road---Headmaster, W. Foster Smith, West Street.
- National Infant Schools, Mitford Street---Headmistress: Miss Jackson.
- Wesleyan Day Schools, West Street---Headmaster, Geo. Lord, 14 Brooklands.
- Filey Cricket Club---Hon. Sec., R.T. Ellis, Winstead House, West Parade. Ground, off West Street.
- Filey Football Club---Hon. Sec., Henry Thompson. Ground, Muston Road.
- Filey Tennis Club---Hon. Sec., R.M. Robson, Belle Vue Street. Ground, South Crescent Road.
- Filey Golf Club---Hon. Sec., J.W. Ballard, Norman Villa. Professional, A. Beck, West Street. Links, Primrose Valley.
- Filey Ladies' Hockey Club---Hon. Sec., Miss Mitford, Hunmanby; Hon Treasurer, Mrs. J.T. Haworth, Rutland Lodge, Rutland Street.
- Filey Brass Band---Leader, Ellis Wood, 8 Victoria Avenue.
- Manks---York City and County---manager W.J. Hartley (corner of Murray Street and West Street). Hours daily, 10 to 3, and Saturdays 10 to 12.
- Barclay's, Limited---Manager, W. Chapman (corner of Murray Street and John Street). Hours, Tuesdays and Fridays, 11 to 3.
- Yorkshire Penny Bank, Belle Vue Street; Saturdays, 7 to 8 p.m. N. Maley, Actuary.
POST AND TELEGRAPH REGULATIONS:
- Head Office, Union Street.
- Resident Postmistress, Mrs. Yoxon, Union Street.
- Office open daily for general business, 7 a.m. to 8
- p.m.; Sundays, 8 to 10 a.m.
- Telegraph Office, open weekdays, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sundays 8 to 10 a.m.
- Deliveries---Weekdays, 7.30 a.m., 3.30 and 6-10 p.m. Sundays, 8.30 a.m.
- Dispatches---Weekdays, 9.15 a.m., 2.45, 5.45, 8 p.m. Extra, 1st July to 30th September, 11.40 a.m.; at 8.45 p.m. from July to September. Sundays 5 p.m.
- Money Order, etc. Office, open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Post Office Savings Bank, open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pillar and Wall Boxes, cleared as under:-
- Church Street: 9.0, *11.15 a.m., 2.30, 5.25, 7.30 p.m. Sundays 4.10 p.m.
- Crown Hotel: 9.0, *11.15 a.m., 2.30,5,25, 7.35 p.m. Sundays 4.10 p.m.
- Opposite 11, the Crescent: 9.15, *11.15 a.m., 2.25, 5.25. 7.15 p.m. Sundays, 4.5 p.m.
- South Crescent: 9.20. *11.15 a.m.; 2.30, 5.20, 7.15 p.m.; Sundays 4 p.m.
- The Beach: 9.10, *11.15 a.m.; 2.20, 5.20, 7.5 p.m.; Sundays 4 p.m.
- West Street: 9.25, *11.15 a.m.; 2.30, 5.25, 7.20 p.m.; Sunday 4 p.m.
- N.E.R. Station: 8.55, *11.15 a.m.; 2.20, 5.30 p.m.
- South Dene: 9.20, *11.15 a.m.; 2.20, 5.20, 7.15 p.m.; Sunday 4 p.m.
- Belle Vue Street: 9.15, *11.25 a.m.; 2.20, 5.20. 7.15 p.m.; Sunday 4 p.m.
- *From 1st July to 30th September only
- N.E. Railway (Hull and Scarborough Line), Station Master, J. B. Steel. Inspector, W. McFarlane.
- "Hollon II" always kept in readiness, Boat House on Beach.
- Secretary, Wm. Crawford, 35 Queen Street.
- Horses: Geo. Collins, 71 Queen Street.
- Coxswain: Geo. Scales, 61 Queen Street.
- 2nd. Coxswain: Matthew Jenkinson, Sand Hill Lane.
- Bowman: James Wheeler, 80 Queen Street.
- Keys at Coxswain's, and Coastguard Station on Beach.
COASTGUARD STATION, THE BEACH:
- Divisional Officer: Lieutenant Neville
- Chief Officer: George Sheen
- Chief Boatman: Wm. Kirkaldie
- Commission Boatman: Patrick Dwyer
- Boatmen: Henry Woolven and Walter Aust
- Speeton Station---Timms, Albert, commissioned boatman
- Shipwrecked Mariners' Society---Hon. Agents, R. and W. Cappleman, The Beach.
ROCKET BRIGADE, FILEY:
- Long, W.G., 9 Belle Vue Street, Ellesmere House (Captain)
- Brown, Tom, Clarence Terrace, West Street.
- Cammish, Wm., Nicholson's Yard, Queen Street.
- Chapman, John W., 87 Queen Street.
- Cogill, Fred, 24 Hope Street
- Cogill, Henry O., 28 Belle Vue Street
- Colley, Parker, 5 The Crescent
- Crimlisk, James, 59 Queen Street
- Crimlisk, Thomas, 9 Mariner's Terrace
- Cunningham, W., John Street
- Gibson, William, 12 The Crescent
- Jenkinson, Matthew, Hope Cottages, The Beach
- Johnson, Thomas, 4 Melville Terrace
- Johnson, Wm., 39 Queen Street
- Long, A.E., Belle Vue Street
- Lorriman, George, 72 Queen Street
- Pashby, Matthew, Liberal Club, Mitford Street
- Scales, Edward, 23 Queen Street
- Sharp, Edward, yard off Belle Vue Street
- Sharp, George, 57 West Street
- Horses: Church Farm---Tom Smith
- Keys at Chief Coastguards, The Beach
- Station: under Liberal Club, Mitford Street
FIRE BRIGADE, FILEY:
- Groves, Robert, Capt. 8 Cambridge Yard, Murray Street
- Burr, Wm., 17 Hope Street
- Burr, David, 8 Brooklands
- Crimlisk, Thomas, Brooklands
- Gardner, Arthur, Rutland Street
- Gardner, George, Mitford Street
- Gray, Fred, Stockdale's Yard, Queen Street
- Procter, George, 31 Crescent
- Simpson, Frank, 2 Queen Street
- Stevenson, Chas, Queen Street
- Temple, John, 3 Church Street
- Wright, W., 3 Mitford Street
- Keys with Captain
- Horses: W. Burr, 17 Hope Street
- Brigade Station: Council Offices, Queen Street
- Burr, Wm., refreshment rooms and toy shop
- Dobson, R., 1 St. Kitts, apartments
- Barnes, Miss M.P., lodging house keeper, 2 St. Kitts
- Chapman, J.C., lodging house keeper, Fern House
- Silcock, Mrs., lodging house keeper, Matlock House
- Hopkins, R.B., Swiss Cottage
- Downcliff House
- 1 Wilkinson, John
- 2 Ferguson, Mrs., apartments
- 3 Smith, T., lodging house keeper, Dresden House
- 4 Whitfield, Mrs., lodging house keeper, Glenavon
- 5Young, Wm., lodging house keeper, Pitfour
- 6 Bulmer, Mrs., lodging house keeper, Arndale House
- 1 Stockdale, John, lodging house keeper
- 2 Novice, Mrs. F., lodging house keeper
- 3 Webster, Fredk., lodging house keeper
- 4 Smith, Harry, lodging house keeper
- 5 Smith, Miss, lodging house keeper
- Ackworth House---Nelson Bowes
- Jenkinson, Miss, and Parrott, Miss, apartments
- Beach House South
- Stephenson, R.J., sanitary inspector, Beach House No. 1, apartments
- Pillar Letter Box here
- Wigley, William, Woodhouse
- Castledine, Miss Harriet, apartments, Villa Ambrosia
- Cappleman, William, Beach Cottage
- 1 Sexton, Thomas, labourer
- 2 Jenkinson, Matthew, boatbuilder
- Rudston, Miss L., Kingston Cottage
- Harrison, Miss F., Sea Breezes
- Sheen, Geo., chief officer of coastguards
- Kirkaldie, Wm., chief boatman
- Dwyer, Patrick, commissioned boatman
- Woolven, Henry E., boatman
- Aust, Walter, boatman
- Cappleman, Richard, Bay View Villa
- Cappleman, Miss Sarah, Beach Haven
- Dry, Frank, Rest Haven
- 1 Robinson, James, lodging house keeper
- 2 Jenkinson, Mrs.
- 3 Major, Mrs., apartments
- Lifeboat House---Geo. Scales, coxswain; Wm. Crawford, Hon. Sec.
- Cambridge Wm., Coronation Café.
- Cambridge, Wm., boatbuilder's shop
- Chapman, Jno. W., boatbuilder's shop
- The Brig refreshment rooms: Gray and Heptinstall
Belvedere Terrace (West Street):
- Pillar Letter Box
- 1 Aliday, Mr.
- 2 Whitworth, Mrs. E.
- 4 Pashby, T.H., labourer
- 5 Wise, L.C., cycle dealer
- 7 Lawson, Alfred, joiner
- 8 Cowling, Thomas, fisherman
- 9 Smith, Mrs.
- 1 Rickaby, Mrs. and Miss Gofton, apartments
- 2 Gofton, J.S., lodging house keeper
Belle Vue Street:
- 1&3 Watkinson, Wm.
- Barnes, S.E., plumber
- Yorkshire Penny Bank, Saturdays 7 to 8, Mr. N. Maley, actuary
- 1 Sharpe, E., bricklayer
- 2 Watkinson, W.
- 9 Long, W.G., "Filey Post"
- 17 Elvidge, Mrs.
- 19 Perryman, W. J., painter and gasfitter
- 21 Robson, R.M., architect, surveyor and estate agent
- 23 Fryer, Leonard
- 25 Crawford, Robert, Prospect House
John Street here:
- 27 Batchelor, Richard, Crescent cigar stores
- 29 Sowden, H. & F.M., circulating library and fancy repository
- 31 Jackson, Mrs., antique furniture
- 33 Fryer, Leonard, outfitter and clothier
- 35 Ellerker, R. D., grocer (branch shop)
- Walker, H., fruiterer and florist, etc. (branch shop)
- Simpson---fish and ice merchant (branch shop)
- Hutton, J. W., Ivy Cottage
- Snow, James Wm., draper, Lyndhurst
- Burgin, John, Holgate
- Batchelor, R., Likoma House
- Ross, Mrs., Brock-o-dale House
- Taylor, Miss, St. Margaret's
- Dorey, Gifford, physician and surgeon, Dalkeith House
- Constitutional Club, Crimlisk, Thomas, caretaker, 9 Mariner's Terrace
- Manners, W., cycle dealer
- Smith, W.H.& Son, circulating library, booksellers and stationers
- 8 Long, A.E., grocer, wine and spirit merchant
- 8 MacMunn, dentist, attends every Wednesday, 11 a.m.to 1 p.m.
- Marr, Thomas Norrison, butcher
- 12 Liggi, M., fancy goods
- Taylor,Geo., shoemaker, apartments
- Jones & Co. the Exchange drapers
- Gofton, Wm., auctioneer& house agent, furniture dealer
- Smith, Miss E. J., Cliff House
South Crescent Road:
- 1 Cogill, H. O., lodging house keeper
- 3Rudd, Mrs. lodging house keeper, Ross House
Brooklands (off West Street):
- Forden, Miss, West Mount, apartments
- 1 Towse, T.R., Epworth House, apartments
- 2 Sanderson, Mrs. Josephine
- 3 Todd, Mrs., Kilkivan House, apartments
- 4 Graburn, Miss, Fairfield
- 5 Humphreys, Travers
- 6 Turner, Miss, apartments
- 7 Grange, Wm. D'Oyley
- 8 Burr, David, carriage proprietor, apartments
- 9 Conyers, Miss
- 10 Simpson, Wm.
- 11 Gullen, Tom, platelayer,apartments
- 12 Hunter,Wm. Boatman, apartments
- 13 Benedick,---
- 14 Lord, Geo, Wesleyan schoolmaster
- 15 Bean, Wm.
- 16 Bauvais, Jos. Thos., Reighton House
- 17 Crimlisk, Thomas, brickyard foreman, apartments
- 18 Smith, Fred, Sefton House
- 19 Wilkinson, J.
- 20 Colley, Miss, Cumberland House, apartments
- 21 Rymer, Osbert, builder
- 1 Maulson, John, labourer
- 3 Pearson, F., shoemaker
- 5 Darling, A., labourer
- 7 Horne, John T., brickyard foreman
- 9 Sayers, Wm., fisherman
- 11 Winship, John, fisherman
- 13 Hunter, Andrew, cooper
- 15 Chew, John, carriage proprietor
- 17 Williamson, Thomas, fisherman
- 19 Scales, Mortimer, fisherman
- 21 Killingbeck, Jane
- 23 Thompson, Henry
- 25 Scotter, Reuben
- Killingbeck, Robert, stables etc: residence 12 Mitford Street
- Pearson's boot repairing workshop
- 2 Johnson, S., fisherman
- 4 Rowley, Wm., chapel keeper
- 6 Ross, Wm., fisherman
- 8 Ross, Isaac, fisherman
- 10 Dinnewell, Geo., painter
- Hardwicke's boot repairing workshop
- 3 Gofton, Ernest, grocer
- 5 Johnstone, Thomas, rate collector
- 7 Taylor, Mrs. Harriett
- 9 Broughton, Harry, jeweller
- 11 Burnett, W., cycle engineer
- 2 Harland, Mrs. T.
- 4 Hope, Miss
- 6 Haxby, Jenkinson
- 8 Pickering, Parker
- 10 Brown, Mrs. D.
- 12 Sawdon Brothers, builders'office
- 12 Sea Dale Brick Co. Ltd., registered office.
- 1 Hall, Richard, shoeing and general smith
- 3 Temple, John, labourer
- 5 Coultas, T., labourer
- 7 Johnson, Mrs. Annie, apartments
- 9 Burn, B., labourer
- 11 Scott, Mrs.
- 13 Day, Miss, laundress
- 19 Holliday, J. W.,publican, Station Hotel
Station Hotel Road here,
- The Filey Laundry
- 23 Gedge, Geo., general dealer
- 25 Trousdale, John, labourer
- 27 Johnson, John W., fisherman
- First yard---
- Scotter, Geo., fisherman
- Jenkinson, Wm., fisherman
- Farling, John Robt., bricklayer
- 29 Baxter, Mrs. B. A.
- 31 Cowling, Thomas, fish merchant
- Jones, J., fish merchant (warehouse)
- 33 Crosier, W., joiner
- 35 Walker, Thomas, labourer
- 37 Baxter, Mark, labourer
- 1 Shields, James, labourer
- 2 Bulmer, James, carriage proprietor
- 3 Wiseman, Mrs.
- 4 Jenkinson, J., labourer
- Bulmer, James, stables etc.
- 39 Lightfoot, Miss Jane
- 41 Simpson, Mrs. Wm.
- 43 Sampson, Mrs. Sarah
- 1 Boynton, Frank, fisherman
- 2 Dale, John, labourer
- 3 Watkinson, Miss Susannah
- 4 Clarkson, John, labourer
- 5 Pearson, Geo., fisherman
- 6 Jenkinson, R., labourer
- 7 Pearson. Mrs. M.A., charwoman
- 8 Pashby, Thomas, labourer
Church St. West Side (Contd):
- 44 Dixon, Carr, Wenlock House
- 47 Pearson, John, sexton
- 48 Doran, George, photographer
- 51 Johnson, John, shoemaker
- 1 Cappleman, Wm.
- 2 Jenkinson, Wm., fisherman
- 52 Colley, John
- 53 Watkinson, Geo. Robt., labourer
- Ravine Bridge
- Filey Parish Church (St. Oswald's), Rev. A.N. Cooper, vicar
- Smith, Thomas, Church Farm
- Wall Letter Box
- 2 Fox, Mrs.
- 4 Sedman, Lot, groom
- 6 Chew, Miss Annie Elizabeth, lodging house keeper
- 8 Johnson, William Anderson, Insurance Agent
- 10 Johnson, Mrs. Annie, lodging house keeper
- Richardson, Charles, solicitor (Tuesdays and Fridays) and at Bridlington
Queen Street here,
- Cooper, Rev. A.N. M.A., St Oswald's Vicarage
Claremont (off Cromwell Avenue):
- 2 Southwell, Mrs. H. B., Bohemia
- 3 King, John S.
- Williams, Rev. J.M. M.A., the Cottage
- Boycott, Mrs. W., Kingston Villa
- Ross, Castle
- Dunn, John, gardener, Cliff Point Cottage
- Wheelhouse, C.G., FRCS, surgeon, Cliff Point
- 1 Waddington, Mrs.
- 2 Gibson, Miss E., lodging house keeper
- 3 Sowden, James, lodging house keeper
- 4 Gofton, Miss B.A., apartments
- 5 Colley, Mrs. G., lodging house keeper
- 6 Cammish, Mrs. Wm., apartments
- 7 Bates, Mrs. M.A., lodging house keeper
- 8 Starkey, L.R.
- 9 Smith, Miss, apartments
- 10 Gibson, Misses E.& H., apartments
- 11 Towse, S.
- 12 Gibson, Wm., painter
- 13 &14
- Pillar Letter Box
- Convent Chapel---The Presbytery, Roulin, Father.
- 15 The Convent
- 16 Barwick, J. F., lodging house keeper
- 17 Haxby, F., house agent
- 18 Cammish, Mrs.
- 19 Atkinson, Miss and Miss S., apartments
- Royal Crescent Hotel, Bowes, Nelson, Manager
- 22 Hess, Adolph, Ph.D.
- 23 Fleming, J.A.
- 24&25 Wave Crest Boarding House---manager Metcalfe, H.C.
- 26 Taylor, Wm., apartments
- 27 Hall, Mrs. lodging house keeper
- 28 Wagitt, John T., lodging house keeper
- 29 Jukes, E.C.
- 30 Johnson, Wm., apartments
- 31 Proctor, Geo., lodging house keeper and carriage proprietor
- 32 Blackburn, Miss M. lodging house keeper
- 33 Willis, Mrs. E., lodging house keeper
- 34 Greaves, Mrs. H., lodging house keeper
- 35 Smart, E.J., lodging house keeper and 'bus proprietor
- 36 Holmes, Mrs. M., ladies school, Brookville
- 37 McNaughton, Mrs. E., lodging house keeper
- 38 Hepton, Francis, apartments
- 39 Forrest, Miss I.M.
- 41 Ingleby, Mrs. S., lodging house keeper
- 42 Smith, Charles, lodging house keeper
- 43 Dixon, Henry, lodging house keeper
- Russell, Chas. J., Red Lodge
- Baldwin, J.H.L., St. Oswald's
St. Martin's Villas:
- 1 Bell, Mrs.
- 2 Gofton, George
- Clay, A.T. JP, Waxholme
- Martin, E. JP, The Ravine
- Turnbull, Mrs., Langford Villa
- The Nook---Rest House for the Sisters of the House of Mercy, Horbury
- Grinston, W.H. Kendal, The Lodge
- 1, 2 and 3 Talbot, G.P.
- Crescent Hill House Horsfield, H.K.
Cromwell Avenue(off Station Road):
- 1 Nicholson, Joseph, apartments, Primrose House
- 2 Hazelmere
- 4 Raleigh
- 7 Ferndale
- 9 Gardiner, Geo. Robt., joiner, apartments,
- 10 Mallinson, Geo., architect and surveyor
- 4 Luntley, Jno., apartments, Oakdene
- 6 Appleby, James, apartments
Ebenezer Terrace (off Queen Street):
- 1 Haxby, George, joiner
- 2 Cappleman, F.B., fish packer
- 3 Hunter, D., fisherman
- 4 Woolston, George, labourer
- 5 Watkinson, Thomas, porter
- 6 Skelton, T., painter
- 7 Storrey, Benj., vanman
- 8 McPherson, John, fisherman
- 9 Green, William, labourer
- 10 Warrener, H.G., slater
Granville Road (off Station Road):
- 1 Littlewood, Charlie, grocer
- 2 Hill, Arthur John, railway clerk
- 4 Frank, Geo. Forrest, journalist
- 5 Smith, Mrs.
- 6 Gibson, Henry, decorator
- 7 Smart, E., painter
- 1 Marriner, R., boot and shoemaker
- 3 Lindley, E.F., ironmonger, Regent House
- 4 Headley, Robert, tailor
- 5 Haxby, Thos., butcher
- 7 Greenwood, A. and Co., glass and china dealers
- 9 Montgomery, Mrs., apartments
- 11 Hirst, Henry, boot and shoemaker
- 13 Durant, H., painter and decorator
- 15 Garnett, J., pork butcher
- 17 Burr, William, cab proprietor
- 19 Scrivener, Thomas, general dealer
- 21 Thonpson, Henry, the people's hardware stores
- 23 Horsley, Henry, tailor and outfitter
- 25 Ireland, Joseph, boot and shoemaker
- 27 Vickers, Wm., grocer and provision dealer
- 29 Goften, Samuel W., bathing machine proprietor
- 31 Waggitt, J.T., hairdresser
- 31 Watson, Miss Ellen, dressmaker
- 33 Heptinstall, Wm. Thos., confectioner
- 2 Snow, Charles Metcalfe, chemist and optician, MPS, FSMC
- 4 Baylis, Henry, hairdresser
- 6 Mabbot, Mrs.
- 8 Barker, Miss Kate, X.L. café
- 10 Cook, Misses
- 12 Deeble, Mrs. J., toy and fancy dealer
- 14 Scotter, John, gardener
- 16 Harrison, T., painter and decorator
- 18 Ross, Isaac, fisherman
- 20 and 22 Collins, Mrs. G.H., Imperial Hotel
- 24 Cogill, Mrs. S., game and poultry dealer
- 26 Cookman, Mrs., greengrocer
- 28 Marlow, Robert, warehouseman
- 30 Cammish, R., fisherman
- 51 Gannon, V.
- 2 Crawford, Newman, draper, Bon Marche
- 4 Fisher & Sons, photographers
- Fisher, Tom
- 6 Cunningham, Wm., fruiterer and florist
- 9 Cunningham, L.J., fruiterer and florist
- 10 Rickard, Wm., chemist
- 12 Crawford, Robert, draper
- 5b Broughton, H., jeweller
- Bannister, Richd., tailor and outfitter
- 14 Tout, Miss, lodging house keeper, Barrf House
- 15 Crawford, R., draper
- South Cliff Villa
- Robson, Mayo, FRCS
- Robson, R.M.
- Birdsall, L., art dealer
- 1 Heptinstall, George, confectioner
- 3 Crawford, W., fish and ice merchant
- 5 Gofton, Ernest, grocer
- 7 Turner's Pianoforte Warehouse
- 8 Walker, Henry, fruiterer and florist
- 1 Spink, Mrs. M.J., lodging house keeper
- 2 Pickering, Mrs. F.
- 3 Harrison, J., lodging house keeper
- 4 Hall, Mrs. S., lodging house keeper
- 5 Andrew, William, joiner, lodging house keeper
- Cambridge, Geo., registered plumber; residence, Scarborough Road
- 1 Bulmer, Miss Hannah
- Albert Hall---Wright, Walter, furniture dealer
- Mowthorpe, W., shoeing smith
- 1 Baxter, Miss Ann
- 2 Jenkinson, M., fisherman
- 3 Scotter, Mark, fisherman
- 4 Jenkinson, M.C., labourer
- Gymnasium and Athletic Club
- 3 Wright, W., labourer
- 5 Johnson. Mrs. B., lodging house keeper
- 7 Heppell and Wellburn, Misses, confectioners
- 9 Ross, John, grocer
- 9a Perryman, W.J., plumber and decorator
- 11 Frankish, J.W., labourer
- 13 Hunter, T. R., coachman
- 15 Scotter, Miss H., grocer
- Wellburn, H.C., marine stores
- Pratt, Fell, corn, seed and cake warehouse
- 19 Moore, John, labourer
- 21 Stevenson, Wm., carter
- 23 White, Thomas, Star Hotel
- 25 Cappleman, Francis, fisherman
- 1 Holmes, Mrs.
- 2 Wright, Geo. Matthew, fisherman
- 3 Cammish, Geo. Simmons, fisherman
- 4 Cappleman, Jenkinson, fisherman
- 5 Hall, William, labourer
- 6 Cammish, Miss Mary
- 7 Scotter, Matthew, fisherman
- 8 Jenkinson, William, fisherman
- 9 Cappleman, William, fisherman
- 10 Crimlisk, Geo. Johnson, fisherman
- 11 Cappleman, M.J., fisherman
- 12 Sayers, F., fisherman
- 13 Sayers, Henry, fisherman
- 27 Towse, S. and Sons, grocers, Mitford House
- 29 Clark, Sam, corn and flour dealer
- 31 Watkinson, E., mariner
- Fenby's joiner's shop
- 52 Moore, R., butcher
- 35&37 Johnson, Mrs., confectioner
- 39 Hutchinson, Tom, greengrocer
- 41 Crawford, M., fisherman
- 43 Cappleman, Mrs. J.
- 45 Monkman, Henry
- 47 Brown, R., Prudential Assurance Agent
- 49 Huntley, Mrs. Elizabeth
- 50 Winson, Charles
- 1 Robinson, John, fisherman
- 2 Hunter, Wm., fisherman
- 3 Robinson, Matthew, fisherman
- 4 Crimlisk, Thos., fisherman
- 5 Jenkinson, J.R., fisherman
- Simpson's warehouse
- Urban District Council Stables, Fire Engine, etc.
- Board of Trade Rocket and Life-Saving Apparatus
- 53 Liberal Club News Room---Pashby, Matthew Shaw, caretaker
- 55 Rev. G., Rose Cottage
- 55 Place. Robert
- 1 Colling, George, fisherman
- 2 Berry, Thomas, monumental sculptor
- 3 Douglas, A., fisherman
- 4 Jenkinson, Thos., fisherman
- 5 Colling, Wm., fisherman
- 6 Crimlisk, Thos., caretaker Constitutional Club
- 7 Stockdale, Miss Mary
- 8 Grey, Geo., barman
- 9 Hill, Wm., labourer
- 57 Jenkinson, T., fisherman
- North Cliff Cottage
- Brown, Mrs., Sea Breeze cottage, apartments
- Walker, John, fried fish shop
- 2 Coultas, Mrs., laundress
- 4 Dixon, W., parcel agent
- 6 Griffiths, H., laundry manager, apartments
- 8 Watkinson, G.J., coal dealer and tobacconist
- 10 Lawson, Mrs., lodging house keeper
- 12 Killingbeck, Robert, carriage proprietor
- 14 Johnson, J., fisherman
- 16 Haxby, Matthew, fisherman
- 18 Jones, John, fish merchant
- Crimlisk, Frank
- 20 Rawson, William, labourer
- 22 Cambridge, Wm., boatbuilder
Union Street here,
- Church of England Infant School---Jackson, Miss, mistress
- 25 Simpson, C. Butler, physician and surgeon
- North Cliff House
- 1 Towse, S. and Sons. Grocers, agents for W. and A. Gilbey
- 1a Towse, Samuel
- Snow, Chas. Metcalfe, chemist and optician
Hope Street here,
- 3 Gofton, George, Central Cafe
- 5 East Riding Constabulary Courthouse
- Escrick, Thos., police sergeant
- Stather, George, police constable
- 6 Hinchcliffe, Lee, jeweller and antique dealer
- 2 York City and County Banking Company, Ltd., open daily
- 10 to 3, Saturdays 10
- To 12,---manager W.J. Hartley
- 4 Hardwick, W.H., boot and shoe dealer
- 5 and 8 Scotter, R., grocer
- 10 Nellist, John, restaurant keeper, Victoria restaurant
- 12 Nellist, John, grocer
- Victoria Hall---Nellist, John, proprietor
- 12a Maulson, Miss E., confectioner
- 14 Wallis, E. stationer etc.
- 16 Wallis, Miss E., milliner
- 1 Dye, William, fisherman
- 2 Pool, Woodall
- 3 Taylor, James, blacksmith
- 4 Reed, John, labourer
- 17 and 20 Avison, Mrs. G., milliner
- 1 Scales. William, fisherman
- 2 Colling, Robt. Jenkinson, fisherman
- 3 Maulson, Robert, labourer
- 4 Maulson, Richard, labourer
- 5 Holmes, John, labourer
- 6 Taylor, Robert, blacksmith
- 7 Cappleman,F.E., fisherman
- 22Waller, R., tailor
- 1 Crawford, Sam, labourer
- 2 Grice, Geo., labourer
- 3 Cammish, Richard, labourer
- 5 Temple, William, labourer
- 6 Powley, John, fisherman
- 7 Fletcher, Peter, coachman
- 8 Groves, Robert, plumber
- 26 Taylor, Harry, Three tuns Hotel
- 28 Sokell, T., stationer
- 30 Cambridge and Brown, grocers
- 15 Armstrong---
- 16 Smith, Mrs. Elizabeth
- 17 William, fisherman
- 18 Lane, Mrs. L., charwoman
- 19 Priestman, John, labourer
- 20 Stead, Thomas, labourer
- 21 Ireland, Mrs.
- 32 Percy, C.W. tailor
- 34 Buttery, R. D., tobacconist
- 36 Ross, Miss M., confectioner, Waverley View
- 38 Plows, H., butcher
- 40 Weatherhogg, T.B., saddler
- 42 Semadini and Sons, confectioners and refreshment rooms
- 42 Dorrizzi, B.
- 43 Barclay and Co's Bank; Tuesd. and Fridays 11 to 2.50---manager W. Chapman
- Hogg, Miss, The Corner House
- 1 Fell, Benj., bricklayer
- 2 Woodcock, Mrs.
- 3 Atkinson, George, carpenter
- 4 Lazenby, William, labourer
- Ballard, J.W., Norman Villa
- 1 Hoggarth, Mrs., nurse
- 1 Spivey, Sam, joiner
- 3 Gilbank, Wm., chimney sweep
- 5 Mainprize, Mrs. Mary Eliz., charwoman
- 7 Williamson, John William, fisherman
- 9 Overy, Richard Cammish, fisherman
- 11 Jenkinson, Mrs. Ann
- 11 Hunter, Mrs. Sarah Ann, dressmaker
- 13 Cappleman, Robert, grocer and provision dealer
- 15 Crimlisk, Matthew, fisherman
- 17 Baxter, Wm. Cammish, fisherman
- 1 Jenkinson, R.C., fisherman
- 2 Boynton,G., labourer
- 3 Shippey, Mrs. E.A., charwoman
- 4 Sayers, Thomas, fisherman
- 5 Chapman, Thomas, fisherman
- 6 Chapman, Mrs. S., charwoman
- 7 Ethell, L. Walker, fisherman
- 8 Jenkinson, J.W., fisherman
- 9 Sellers, Robert, labourer
- 10 Cowling, J., fisherman
- 1 Mason, John Cammish, fisherman
- 2 Powley, George William, fisherman
- 3 Jenkinson, John Matthew, fisherman
- 4 Wyvill, James, fisherman
- 5 Scotter, George, joiner
- 19 Webb, T., bill poster and town crier
- 23 Scales, Edward, fisherman
- 25 Johnson, T., grocer and confectioner
- 27 Hunter, Mrs. T.
- 29 Wilcox, Wm., pork butcher
- 31 Rickaby, Jonah and Son, practical boot makers
- 33 Cowling, Edward, fisherman
- 35 Crawford, Wm., fish merchant
- 37 Overy, Chas., fisherman
- 39 Johnson, Wm., fisherman
- 41 Robinson, Wm., junior fisherman
- 43 Stevenson, J.C., labourer
- 45 Berriman, Stephen, fruiterer and florist
- 47 Bosomworth, Bernard H., butcher
- 49 Cammish, William, labourer
- 51 Cammish, M.J., fisherman
- 1 Robinson, Thomas, fisherman
- 2 Featherstone, George, labourer
- 53 Rickard, W., chemist
- 57 Matthews, G., draper
- 59 Crimlisk, James, refreshment rooms
- 61 Scales, George, fisherman, coxswain of Lifeboat
- 1 Cammish, Miss Lizzie Ann, charwoman
- 2 Crawford, Thomas, fisherman
- 3 Cappleman, P., fisherman
- 4 Cappleman, George, fisherman
- 5 Sayers, H., fisherman
- 6 Watkinson, John J., fisherman, York Cottage
- 63 Cammish, Wm., grocer
- 65 Robinson, Tom, fisherman
- 69 Fell, R., labourer
- 71 Colling, George, farmer
- 73 Simpson, Miss D., apartments
- 75 Skerry, Mrs. N., confectioner
- 1 Burton, George, labourer
- 2 Jenkinson, Tom Robert, fisherman
- 3 Cammish, Wm., fisherman
- 4 Boynton, Geo., fisherman
- 5 Wyvill, Jno. W., fisherman
- 77 Glaves, Mrs. confectioner
- 79 Unwin, Walter, printer
- 81 Mosey, Thomas, joiner
- 1 Watkinson, Mrs. E.
- 2 Willis, Mrs. A., charwoman
- 3 Scotter, Mrs M., charwoman
- 4 Gray, F. labourer
- 5 Sayers, J.C., fisherman
- 6 Jenkinson, R. Cammish, fisherman
- 7 Baxter, F., fisherman
- 8 Sayers, E., fisherman
- 9 Cowling, Richard Baxter, fisherman
- 10 Cowling, William, fisherman
- 83 Hall, John B., grocer and provision dealer
- 87 Chapman, J.W., boatbuilder
- 89 Richardson, Miss
- 1 Cammish, R.T., fisherman
- 2 Jenkinson. Mark, fisherman
- 3 Cammish, John Wm., fisherman
- 4 Jenkinson, Matthew, fisherman
- 91 Wheelhouse, Miss
- 93 Peach, N., gardener
- 95 Jenkinson, R., fisherman
- 97 Creasor, Mrs. G., lodging house keeper
- SOUTH SIDE
- Seventh yard:
- 1 Woods, Mrs. Mary
- 2 Goundril, David, labourer
- 2 Moore, Robert, butcher
- 2a Ransome, Mrs.
- Simpson, Francis, bricklayer
- 4 Jaques, ---
- Mainprize, George, fisherman
Sanhill Lane (contd):
- 6 Jenkinson, E.
- 8 Moody, John, labourer
- 10 Gibson, J.R., labourer
- 12 Pearson, Chas., fisherman
- 14 Crimlisk, Joseph, fisherman
- 16 Cammish, Geo. S., grocer
- 18 Cammish, Robert, fisherman
- 20 Jenkinson, Wm., fisherman
- 22 Powley, Alfred, fisherman
- 24 Cammish, Robert, fisherman
- 26 Webb, Thomas, confectioner, greengrocer
- 28 and 30 Edwards, J.E., grocer and draper
- 1 Bailey, Mrs. E.
- 2 Cammish, Mrs. Isabella
- 3 Cockerill, George, labourer
- 4 Day, George, labourer
- 5 Jenkinson, George, fisherman
- Wyvill, George, fisherman
- 6 Wyvill, Mrs.
- 7 Callis, Wm. Edward, basket maker
- 8 Scotter, James
- 9 Hubbard, Mrs. Rachel
- 10 Powley, Walter, fisherman
- 11 Cappleman, F., fisherman
- 12 Cammish, Robert E., fisherman
- 13 Wheeler, John, fisherman
- 14 Bird, Miss Ann
- 15 Colling, John, fisherman
- 16 Johnson, Thomas, fisherman
- 17 Annis, William, bricklayer
- 18 Willis, William, fisherman
- 19 Lewis, George, labourer
- 20 Wheeler, F.C., fisherman
- 21 Lewis, Thos. Wm., fisherman
- 22 Cammish, M. Jenkinson, fisherman
- 23 Johnson, John Wm., fisherman
- Cowling, Mrs. R.
- 32 Farthing, Fred, labourer
- 34 Holmes, Thomas, fish merchant
- 36 Stonehouse, Abraham, carter
- 38 Wilson, Mrs. M.
- 40 Humphrey, John, Grapes Inn
- 42 Gash, E., glass and china dealer
- 44 Gash, E., bazaar
- 46 Simpson, William, fried fish shop
- 48 Ruston, A.D., grocer
- 50 Cook, T.G., tailor
Reynolds street here,
- Wall letterbox
- 52 Freeman, J.W., Crown Hotel
- Filey Urban District Council Offices and
- Fire Brigade Station, R. Groves, (Capt)
- Marriner, Thomas, caretaker
- 54 Cammish, Robert, fishing tackle dealer
Queen Street (cont):
- Cammish's yard:
- 1 Crimlisk, Frank, fisherman
- 2 Sayers, John Wm., fisherman
- 56 Hanson, J.H., grocer
- 58 Watkinson, Wm. Jenkinson, fisherman
- 60 Lane, Robert, fisherman
- 62 Colley, John E., fisherman
- 64 Robinson, William, fisherman
- 66 King, Mrs.
- 68 Douglas, James, labourer
- 70 Simpson, George, carter
- 72 Lorriman, George, bricklayer
- Hepton, F., tobacconist
- 74 Milner, Matthew, labourer
- 76 Fountain, Joshua, Foord's Hotel
- 78 Dukes, Tom, Ship Inn
- Colling, Matthew Jenkinson, fisherman, Ship Cottage
Ship Inn yard:
- 1 Bowman, William
- 2 Jenkinson, Matthew, fisherman
- 3 Major, Richard, fisherman
- 4 Jenkinson, Edward S., fisherman
- 80 Wheeler, James, fisherman
- 82 Edmond, Mrs.
- 82 Overy, Thomas Cammish, fisherman
- 84 Richardson, William, fisherman
- 86 Cammish, T.S., fisherman
- 88 Forrest, Miss
Queen's Terrace (off West Parade):
- 1 Thompson, John William, shoemaker
- 2 Edwards, H.C., musician
- 3 Middlebrook, John Langton, clerk, NER.
- 4 Farling, Thomas, gardener
- 5 Mitchell, George, plasterer
- 6 Cambridge, Jonathon, joiner
- 7 Atkinson, Henry, assistant schoolmaster
- 8 Edwards, Joseph
- 9 Taylor, H.
- 10 German, W., joiner
- 11 Ruston, Mrs. A.
- 12 Rowe, Mrs., apartments
- 1 Skelton, Mrs.
- 2 Sayers, Mrs.
- 3 Cappleman, John, fish dealer
- 4 Overy, Chas., fisherman
- 1 Jenkinson, T.W., fisherman
- 3 Colling, Benj., fisherman
- 5 Jenkinson, Mrs. E.
- 7 Ross, Sam, fisherman
- 9 Colley, John Wm., painter
- 11 Sowden, Misses H. and F.M., fancy stationers and newsagents
- 13 Simpson, W., fish dealer
- 15 Johnson, George, confectioner
- 17 Hutton, William, butcher
- 19 Baxter, John, fisherman
- 21 Cappleman, John P., labourer
- 2 Weatherhogg, T.B., saddler
Rutland Street: NORTH SIDE:
- 1 Towers, Miss Alice, lodging house keeper
- 3 Haworth, T., physician and surgeon, Rutland Lodge
- 5 Simpson, Frederick, house agent
- 7 Roper, Mrs. Wm. Greaves
- 9 Brunton, T., lodging house keeper, South Lea
- 11 Robinson, Rev. L.S., Cambridge House
- 13 Sudds, Mrs. H. E.
- 15 German, Miss, Fern Lea
- 17 Lewis, Rev W.J., Pelton House
- 19 Czerny, Mrs., Langton House
- Turnbull, Miss J., lodging house keeper, Abbotsford House
- Eccles, Mrs., St. Leonards
- Waddington, F., The Haven
- Fisher and Sons, photographers
- Rymer, J.P., writer and gilder
- Field, R. and Son, Ltd., Oriental Café
- 27 Haxby, A.H., cabinet maker
- 28 Stockdale, Miss R., apartments
- SOUTH SIDE:
- Clifford House
- Fell, Matthew, The Nest
- Dinnewell, Mrs. A., Ivy Dale
- Clark, Samuel, apartments, Brinsley
- Cedar House
- Burr, James, Worlaby House
- Thorncliff House
- McIntyre, Geo., seaman, Lancefield
- Croft House
- Johnson, Fred, Granby House
- Proctor, W., carriage proprietor, Ronald House
- 10 Wise, L.C., cycle maker and dealer
Rutland Terrace (Rutland Street):
- 1 Colley, Bulmer, apartments
- 1 Ashby, Cecil, dentist
- 2 Shaw, Miss A., apartments
- 3 Gardner, Arthur, joiner, apartments
- 4 Pashby, J.W., apartments
- 5 Jenkinson, John, fisherman
- 6 Rymer, J.P., painter and decorator
- 8 Sanderson, Robert E., engineman
- Littlewood, C., grocer and provision dealer
- Gofton, R.B., estate agent, Oriel House
- Gofton, Walford B., clerk to council, Maidwell
- Glen House
- 1 Cameron,---
- 3 Fenby, T., joiner
- 5 Burr, John
- 7 Fisher, W.
- 9 Cambridge, George, plumber
- 11 Brown, Miss
- 13 Crawford, Mrs. Dunn, Talbot House
- Church of England Day School
- 15 Powell, Jas. Ernest
- EAST SIDE:
- 2 Gardener, Robert, wheelwright
- Back road to Filey laundry
- 4 Cowton, Robt. Wm., labourer
- 6 Richardson, Mrs.
Road to Ravine here,
- Bellwood, John, Coney Villa
- 10 Fant, James, greengrocer and carriage proprietor
- 12 Beckett, Walter
- Beckett's mineral water works
- 14 Walker,---
- 16 Shepherd, Mrs. M., milk dealer, Surrey Cottage
- 18 Maley, Nicholas, JP., Woodbine
- Scott, T.H., Grove House
- Dixon, Geo. Wm., Norlands
- Mulley, Frank, hair manufacturer
- Hewitt, Mrs., Nutfield
- Saville, R.A., Kelk Villa
Seadale Terrace (off West Street):
- 1 Bannister, Mrs., laundress
- 3 Bielby, David, labourer, apartments
- 4 Lowe, Mrs., apartments
- 6 Atkinson, Samuel
- 7 Bell, R.
South Crescent Road (behind the Crescent):
- Crescent Hotel livery stables and motor garage
- Lawn Tennis Ground
- Gofton's livery stables
- EAST SIDE:
- Towse and Sons, stables
- Cooper, T., joiner's shop
- Proctor, G.and W., stables, etc.
- Haxby, G.C., cabinet maker, workshop
- Gibson, W. and Son, painters
- Crescent Hotel Vaults, Bowes, Nelson
- The Bungalow, ---Metcalfe, H.C.
- Smart, E.J., 'bus proprietor, stables and motor garage
- 1 Dowsland, W.
- 2 Chittenden, Mrs. A.
- 1 Hinchcliffe, L. watchmaker, St. Mark's
- 2 Auckland House
- 3 Crawshaw, Mrs. S.
- 4 Beatty, Miss F., Marine House
- 5 Cambridge, Chas., Harford House
- 6 Stoneycroft House
- 7 Halliday, Miss A., Walton Cottage
- 8 Melton Cottage
- 10 Griffiths, John
- 11 Blackburn, H. Gaskell, Wray House
- 1 McFarlane, W., inspector N.E.R. Station Cottage
- 2 Towse, Harry
- 3 Hawkins, Thomas, foreman porter, N.E.R.
- 4 Abbott, Edward, porter, N.E.R.
- 5 Witty, R., platelayer, N.E.R.
- 6 Wiseman, Wm., lurryman
- Steel, J.B., station master, N.E.R., Station House
- Coultas, John William, Grange Farm, farm bailiff
- Gledhill, Thomas, foreman, Gas House Cottage
- Barraclough, Mrs., apartments, 1 Mostyn Villas
- Abbey, Miss, 2 Mostyn Villas
- Smith, John, 3 Mostyn Villas
- 3 Scott, W., Ashville House
- 5 Ethell, Mrs., apartments
- 7 Killingbeck, George, carter
Back road here,
- 9 Riddell, H.S.
Norman Avenue here,
- 2 Shaw, Miss, Glenroyd
- 4 Skelton, Wm. Glennevis
- 7 Haworth, James, surgeon, West End
- 5 Smith, J.F., painter
- 6 Ellison, Mrs.
- 7 Machin, A.V.
- 8 Hutchinson, W.H.H.
- 9 Ramsden, Miss E.
- 10 Baxter, J.W.
- 11 Blanshard, Cyril
- 13 Gwynne, Capt. R.
- 14 Smith, Robert Wm.
- Wesleyan Methodist Church
- 1 Waverley Hotel---Gray, Mr. S.
- 1 Gray, T.E., tailor
- 3 Stathers, Alfred, dispensing chemist
- 5 Dixon, Carr, draper
- 7 General Post Office---Voxon, Mrs., postmistress
- 9 Breckons, T.W., butcher
- 11 Towse, A.B. grocer, Melrose House
- Primitive Methodist Chapel
- 13 Oliver, Rev. Henry, Primitive Methodist Minister
- 15 Freeman, William, fisherman
- 17 Cowling, John, fisherman
- 19 Pinkney, J.T., vanman
- 21 Ellerker, R.D., grocer and tea dealer
- 2 Medcalf, Albert V., musician
- 4 Sawdon, James, builder
- 6 Jackson, Miss, schoolmistress
- 8 Wood, Ellis, engineer
- 10 King, W.S.
- 12 Snow, J.W.
- 14 Standish, Edward Wm., draper's manager
- 16 Lindsay, Mrs. Fanny
- 18 Buttery, Richard Dawson
- 20 Denby, Mrs. Mary
- 3 Sawdon, Thomas, builder
- 7 Rawling, M.H.
- 9 Foster, Fiennes
- 1 Wright, Mrs., apartments, Rawmarsh House
- 2 Cogill, Robert, apartments
- 4 Cockerill, L., railway porter
- 6 Hunter, Robert, fisherman
- 8 Hayes, Henry
- 10 Cappleman, T.W., fisherman
- 12 Caine, Andy
- 14 Moody, Richard, carrier
- 16 Taylor, William, joiner
- 18 Simpson, Thomas, master mariner
- 20 Harrison, F., porter
- 1 Stephenson, William, labourer
- 2 Ingham, Herbert H., stonemason
- 3 Boynton, Robert, labourer
- 22 Fewster, Mrs, S., Highcroft House
- 24 Ellis, R.T., Winestead House
- 26 Grice, Mrs. Mary, Primrose House
- 28 Heptonstall, George, baker
- 30 Foster, Mrs. H., lodging house keeper
- 32 Colley, Robert, carriage proprietor, Mill Cottage
- Appleby, James, dairyman
- Harrison, W.W. Auton, painter
- 1 Hartley, W.J., bank manager
- 3 Bulley,A.E. jeweller and watchmaker
- 5 Moody, Miss, confectioner
- 7 Pashby, Mrs. Mary Jane
- Sutcliffe, J., solicitor; attends every Tuesday, 10 to 4
- Wesleyan Day Schools---Lord, George, master
- Wesleyan Day Schools---Rawling, Miss M.H., mistress of the infant school
- 11 Peckitt, James
- 13 Crosier, Miss J., apartments
- 15 Cammish, Mrs. Robert
- Crawford, Newman, fish merchant
- Cooper, Thomas, builder, Binton House
- 17 Maulson, Mrs., Oxford House apartments
- 21 Milner, Mrs., lodging house keeper
- 23 Brown, Tom, painter
- 25 Barker, Misses Hannah and Elizabeth, Auton House apartments
- 27 Forrest. Miss L.
- 29 Danby, C. F., lodging house keeper
- 31 Waggitt, Mrs., apartments
Rutland Street here,
- 33 Benson, W. MA., Westholme Preparatory School
- 37 Crosier, Mrs. Elizabeth, apartments
- 39 Rickaby, R., postman
- 41 Gutherless, E., joiner
- 43 Barnes, Samuel Edward, plumber
- 45 Cooper, W., builder
- 47 Middlewood, Miss, lodging house keeper
- 49 Wilson, Major, plumber
- 51 Long, W.G., Chestnut Cottage
- 53 Wilson, Mrs. Annie, apartments
- 55 Dixon, Mrs. A.
South Dene here,
- Royal Crescent Hotel Gardens
- 57 Sharp, George, painter
- 59 Scotter, William, gerdener
- 61 Smith, Mrs. M. F., apartments
- 63 Johnson, J., drayman
- 65 Gibson, Arthur, mariner
- 67 Shepherdson, Edward
- 69 Beck, Alfred, golf professional
- 71 Belt, F.T., horse dealer
- Drinkell, George, gardener
- St. John the Evangelist's Church
- St. John's Villas
- 2 Wolstonholme, W.B.
- 4 Smith, Wm. Foster, headmaster National Schools
- Filey Cricket Ground
- 6 McCallum, Misses, ladies' school, Clarence House
- Oldham, A.E., coachman
- 1 Smith, Mrs.
- 2 Hope, E.W.
- 3 ley, Mrs., apartments
- 6 Hunter, Wm., fisherman, St. Luke's
- 9 Pickering, A.W.
- 58 Stevens, Mrs.. apartments
- 60 Blades, J., boot and shoe maker
- 62 Hill, Mrs., lodging house keeper
- 64 Mason, Mrs. M., apartments
- 68 Wallace, Henry, gardener
- 72 Green, R., gardener
- 74 Fisher, W., photographer
- 76 Russell, Thomas
- 78 Schofield, Miss
- 80 Crawford, Robert, jun.
- 86 Sawden, Alfred
- Monkman, A., Ravine Cottage
- Dibb, Rev. A.W., Brantingham
- Stephenson, Fred
- Marriner, R., Woodlands
- Walker, H., florist and seedsman, Bella Vista
from articles by her Grandfather