Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for FOLKTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Folkton, Ganton, York; except where otherwise stated.
Nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office is at Hunmanby, 3½ miles distant.
Miscellany of trades
- Barker Tom Darrell, bricklayer
- Birdsall Miss Ann, grocer
- Hudson George, bootmaker
- Smith Frederick George, master, C.E. school
- Stockdale John, blacksmith
- Tate The Misses Margaret and Emily J., Manor house
- Wilkinson Rev. John Farrar, M.A., Rectory
- Woodhouse John, joiner and wheelwright
- Birdsall Candler, and vict., Bell Inn
- Brown Bryan, Folkton grange
- Jackson William, Manor farm
- Kell George
- Marr H., West Flotmanby, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
- Peirson John, Stockendale farm, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
- Trowsdale William
- Wharran Nesfield (hind), Glebe farm
- Wilson Robert, East Flotmanby, Hunmanby, R.S.O.
- Edmond Greenley, to Scarbro', on Thursdays
- Postal address, Flixton, Ganton, York.
Wall Letter Box cleared at 4-30 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Appleby Riby, joiner
- Appleby Thomas, joiner
- Carr Miss Isabel, dressmaker
- Cocksworth Miss Martha Ann, dressmaker
- Cocksworth Thomas, junior, market gardener
- Gardiner Samuel, blacksmith
- Howitt Wm., assistant overseer and surveyor
- Ireland Edward, freeholder
- Ireland Mrs. Jane, monthly nurse
- Johnson John, bootinaker and beer retailer
- Mook Mrs. Jane, vict., New Inn
- Nawton Thomas, butcher, and at Market hall, Scarborough
- Nesfield Mrs. Bessie, freeholder
- Pinkney Mrs. Annie, dressmaker
- Pratt Mrs. Annie, freeholder
- Rogers William, freeholder
- Stephenson Moses, market gardener
- Temple John, butcher
- Tindall Joseph, tailor and grocer
- Watson Henry Sylvester, blacksmith
- Wintringham Beecroft, bootmaker and rocer
- Young Mrs. Millicent
- Carr Mark
- Cockerill George, Carr
- Crowe William, View hill
- Danby Henry, Bumble Bee farm
- Dawson Robert
- Found Moses
- Heath Joseph, Warren house
- Mercer Samuel, Carr
- Richardson Pashby
- Welborn John
- Moses Stephenson to Scarbro', on Thursday
- Thomas Cocksworth, senr., to Scarbro', on Thursday
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.