Folkton parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Dickering; 3 miles from Hunmanby, 8½ from Scarborough, 12½ from Bridlington, 35 from York. Population 144. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. John the Evangelist, in the deanery of Dickering.
Deposited Registers (East Yorkshire Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1665-1695, 1714-1951
- Marriages: 1665-1695, 1714-1753, 1813-1978
- Burials: 1665-1694, 1717-1903
- 1600, 1601, 1605-1608, 1610, 1611, 1613, 1626, 1631-1635, 1638-1641,1660-1669, 1671-1673, 1675, 1678-1703, 1705-1829, 1853-1884
- C 1720-1829, 1853-1875;
- M 1720-1829
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1665-1903; M 1665-1753, 1813-1837; B 1665-1903; Typed transcript, no index; East Yorkshire Record Office
- M 1660-1690; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1813-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.