The Ancient Parish of FULL SUTTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"FULL SUTTON, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill, a part in the liberty of St. Peter's; 5½ miles NW. of Pocklington. Here is a small parish church (see Churches for photograph), of which the Rev. James Rudd, D. D. is incumbent rector, and J. Simpson, Esq. the patron. Pop. 125.
This church is very ancient, and supposed to have formerly belonged to the Priory of Watton, near Beverley, and built as a chantry for some idle Monks. The arms of the Percy family are in some of the windows. --James Rudd, D.D. Rector."
- Photographs of over 70 gravestones in Full Sutton Churchyard with a surname index.
- Here is a photograph of St. Mary's Church, Full Sutton.
- Transcript of the entry for Full Sutton in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Full Sutton.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Full Sutton to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE747553 (Lat/Lon: 53.988357, -0.862222), Full Sutton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish