Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for GANTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Ganton, York.
Mails arrive at 7-10 am., and are despatched at 6-35 p.m. Sunday - Mails arrive at 7 a.m. from November to June; and at 9 am, from July to October; and are despatched at 6-35 p.m. Frederick Ringrose, receiver. Nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office, Sherburn.
Miscellany of trades
- Bainbridge Rev. Henry Pearson, M.A.
- Botterill John, bricklayer
- Bowman William, grocer, Potter Brompton
- Boyes William, shoemaker
- Chisholm Thomas, professional golf player
- Dobson Thomas, joiner
- Kirk James, Esq., C.C., Potter Brompton
- Legard Sir Charles, Bart., J.P., D.L., The Hall
- Maynard Mrs. Mary, dressmaker
- Maynard William, gardener
- Ringrose Charles, joiner and painter
- Ringrose Fredericir, tailor
- Ringrose Richard, bricklayer
- Roberts George, schoolmaster
- Sellers Thomas, tailor
- Shaw Charles, blacksmith
- Sherwood Christopher, grocer
- Spencer Stephen Henry, bootmaker
- Thornton George, carrier to Scarborough on Thursday
- Trevvett James, station master
- Beswick John
- Blakeston Thomas (hind), Cat Babbleton
- Edwards Charles, Hay bridge
- Fewster Mrs. Sarah, Windle beck
- Hardy Foster, Willerby Wold
- Lovel Misses Anne and Elizabeth
- Pickering John and Robert, Potter Brompton
- Preston Henry, Ganton Dale house
- Puckrin William C., Bogg hall
- Southwell Mrs. Isabel, Ganton Wold
- Triffitt William King, (bailiff) Wharram farm
- Wardell Edward, and vict., Gray Hound.
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.